THE RIGHT CABINET HARDWARE - white nightstands





It is always tricky to pick new hardware for a painted furniture project. You have to consider the style you trying to create. A size that will look good, and a color that will tell the new story.



Here is a close up of the hardware I chose.
I found 4 of the fancy scrolling back plates and knew 
the right project would come along.


BEFORE
One was missing its door panels but I could make new 
inserts. Thin wood paneling would do the trick. I painted
 them a bright white before installing them.


ADDING LEGS
I also added legs to make these squat little cabinets taller.
 The legs I used here were from a broken set of dining chairs.
 Every time I install wood legs on a new project the method 
has to be adapted to the parts I have.

To read an article I wrote on installing legs:
http://bit.ly/2iv45LM




PAINTING
I spray painted the cabinets in a creamy white. I achieve the
 color by mixing Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White and 
Pure White 50-50. 

I have written an article on spray painting with
ASCP that you can find here: http://bit.ly/1JKiYjt 

*********************************************************



DISTRESSING
I edge distressed and smoothed the paint by hand sanding 
with 220 & 180 grit paper. You can find some great tips 

have shared on getting a smooth paint finish 




********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
       
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION  
       

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware