WHITE PAINTED ART DECO DESK & SHABBY CHIC SWITCH PLATES




I am not a real fan of art decor style furniture.
But I do have to admit it is all made with nice
solid wood which is great to work with. When
I started working on this DIY paint project
I never dreamt it would turn out as good as
it did. Let me know your thoughts.





Labour day came and went and the sunshine came along with it.
One of the pieces I worked on in the nice weather was this cute little deco desk.
 

I sprayed it with a 50% - 50% ASCP mix of Old White & Pure White.
and lightly edge distressed it before hand waxing. 


I filled the original holes on the six drawers so I could pick what ever size of fancy handles I wanted.
The desk was all finished but the drawers had to dry over night. I was so anxious to pick
the handles I pulled a whole basket from my stash and spread it out on the bed.
Of course when George comes to bed there has to be something said,
"what is going on here" and he emphasises it like Scott from The Canadian Pickers.
Before you know it he is helping me chose the right handles for the project.

The knob on the middle drawer is a new piece, it's a fun acrylic bead and rhinestone knob.
I don't think you can tell from the photos but it is quite large and really pretty.


The handles were salvaged from the dresser vrs. vehicle grudge match earlier this year.


For those who didn't get to read that story:



I took notes while installing the new handles so share.

********************************************

Have you stopped into firstfinds hardware store lately?
Here are just some of the items available for your projects.


 



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for showing the light switch covers. They are so beautiful. I put them in my favorites on Etsy. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you on both points--I don't care for art-style furniture either. It's usually too oversized and chunky for my taste but the piece that you painted doesn't feel that way at all. It's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!