HOW TO GET THAT PRETTY TURQUOISE LOOK - paint layering









Annie Sloan Chalk paint is perfect
for creating distressed and layered
finishes so I used it when I wanted
to create a layered color effect on a
thrift store jewelry box.





BEFORE
I started with an old men's accessory caddy from the thrift
 store. I took the box outdoors and sprayed it with an oil 
based ivory colored paint. Once it was dry I used sandpaper
 to distress the edges.


  

Over the Ivory color I created three levels of turquoise blue
 like an ombre effect. Here you can see the different shades I
 ended up with.


I using Annie Sloan PURE WHITE and adding FLORENCE in
 small amounts for each shade. Florence is a very strong color
 so a little goes a long way. 1st mix was a light blue,
2nd was a light turquoise, 3rd mix was a medium turquoise
I let each layer dry completely before applying the next.

*********************************************************



To achieve the different levels of paint color I used a damp
 kitchen sponge. ASCP can be distressed with water and it is
 best to do before you wax.





I did change the drawer pulls and lining
the drawers is always an option.

 


BEFORE                                AFTER


********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
    
    
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
       





Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware